Christie DuPree Wall


Christie DuPree Wall

Thursday, May 21, 2015

B&W

I've been in this unique season of regaining focus, and inspiration, and watching things shift and change and seeing how change is good and always for the better.

Refocusing what I want to do with Merriment, what I want to do with my free time, how I should be spending it and cultivating the things I'm good and want to be better at. As opposed to letting time slip by seconds at a time while trolling instagram or thinking about eating cookies. (Which is futile, really. Chocolate chip cookies are life.)

I try to take time off from the digital world (social media) periodically and focus a lot on taking film photos and pouring myself into that for a bit. It's refreshing and a whole lot of fun. Photography is important to me and feeds my soul, but it definitely comes second to music.

I've also been writing a ton of music and it's so rewarding, but I'll share more of that whenever we're able to start work on a new record.

Here's some black and white medium format film shots from the last few rolls from my Yashica.

 One of my dearest and truest friends, Bliss.

 Playing at the park.

 Bliss taking wedding photos for my little brother and sister-in-law last year.

 Becky. From the month we spent on tour together, 
talking about boys and our worth and staying up late and 
talking about what God was doing in our lives. She's a treasure.

 Another of my most treasured friends. 
God has put some of the most special people in my life and 
given them the ability to speak life into me and 
has used them as tools to continually sharpen me
over the years, and I'm just forever grateful for it.

 Among my beautiful friends
are my beautiful sisters, 
who I could in no way live without.

 Friend Kate on the garden steps.

 Cousin Remington.

 So thankful to have such solid men in my family, 
and my cousin's are no less than some of the
 most solid and also hilarious dudes I know.

Remington, Karsyn, and Collin leaning over a bridge in Nashville, TN.
This picture means so much to me. 
It's old timey and slightly crooked and dreamlike feel, 
but most importantly the three people in it 
who are completely invaluable to me. 
Family is everything to me and I am so 
thankful that God has given me some of the 
best people to call brothers, sisters, and cousins.

Keep pursuing your dreams, people.
<3 p="">
-Christie

1 comment:

  1. I'm really happy that you've started using your blog again. I can't wait to see all of your future posts, it's so inspiring seeing someone pour themselves into something and just genuinely put their heart and soul into a hobby they love. You were absolutely meant to do photography.

    ReplyDelete

Followers